PhD course on Computational Intelligence
From Sep 11 to Sep 15, 2023 I will give five lectures on Computational Intelligence within the “Knowledge, Interaction and Intelligent Systems” PhD course. The focus will be on two main topics: advanced meta-heuristics for global optimization and intepretable AI by means of fuzzy reasoning.
Specifically, these are the contents that will be presented:
- Evolutionary approaches: state-of-the-art variants of differential evolution, evolution strategies, and genetic algorithms
- Swarm intelligence: state-of-the-art variants of Particle Swarm Optimization, Stigmergic approaches (Ant Colony Optimization), and Eusociality-based (Artificial Bee Colony)
- Multi-objective, many-objectives, and large-scale optimization
- Genetic Programming
- Surrogate-based optimization
- Dilation functions
- Fuzzy logic, fuzzy inference systems, data-driven fuzzy modeling for interpretable AI
The lectures will be from 11/9 to 15/9, in the room
Delta 2B of the Delta Building Sala Riunioni B – building Zeta, at the Scientific Campus, Mestre (VE). All lectures begin at 9:30 and terminate at 11:30.